Blue Compass, LLC is a Customer Experience and IT Strategy small business headquartered in Tysons Corner, VA. We blend strategy and analytics with customer insights, design and creative thinking to help federal government and commercial customers discover, implement and improve their products and services.
Blue Compass offers exciting and challenging opportunities in Technology, Design and Strategy solutions. Blue Compass employees subscribe to the company’s culture of customer-focus, performance driven, trusted advisor and thought leaders.
Blue Compass is seeking a Developer with varying levels of a strong awareness of technical trends in information technology and development solutions. The Developer is responsible for the day-to-day analysis, design, development and implementation of IT solutions while working in a team environment with varying level of management oversight.
This position requires not only a technical background, but an understanding and ability to execute the principles of SDLC, Agile, Scrum and Design Thinking. It also requires a Top Secret security clearance with a polygraph. The work performed for this position is expected to be in Springfield, Virginia.
- Design, build and/or maintain websites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
- Write, design, test or edit webpage content.
- Define problem and develop user needs in order to articulate technical requirements from ambiguous and disparate sources.
- Create web models or prototypes that include physical, interface, logical or data models.
- Incorporate technical considerations into website design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
- Select programming languages, design tools or applications as required for specific projects.
- Develop website maps, application models, image templates or page templates that meet project goals, user needs and industry standards.
- Provide clear, detailed descriptions of website specifications.
- Confer with technical staff to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria or recommend solutions.
- Programming and related technologies can include: Java, C, C++, Perl, Visual Basic, Oracle, MS Office, Lotus Notes/Domino, Java-based development tools (JBuilder), Internet/Website and Content Management Technologies (i.e., Macromedia Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, HTML, XML), Web Protocols and Technologies (XML, SOAP, HTML, HTTP, TCP/IP, etc.), Data Architecture and Database System Design, Database management software; Distributed database management software Business Process Management (i.e., Lombardi Works), Software and Systems Engineering, Information Security Operating System/Platform to include: Unix (Solaris), Windows, Linux, Thin Client (i.e., Citrix); Program testing software – defect tracking software; fault testing software; IBM Rational ClearQuest; Mercury Interactive LoadRunner.
- Application Architecture and related technologies can include: N-Tier/Services Oriented Architecture, Web Services, WebLogic (Application Server), Oracle (RDBMS), PlumTree (Portal); WebLogic Web Server (Web Server); Internet Explorer & Netscape (Browser), Apache Struts (Development Framework); JBuilder Enterprise Edition (IDE); Concurrent Versions System-CVS (Version Management), Embarcadero Describe and System Architect (Architecture Modeling).
- Experience in software, application or system development.
- Proven history of successful interaction in a client-facing environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related scientific and technical field.
- Active Top Secret security clearance with a polygraph .
- Position may require some domestic travel.
- 1+ years of DevOps or Agile Experience
- Understanding of Project Management or Product Management concepts and principles
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work in a team, autonomously and lead small projects
- Ability to determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Knowledge of system and software engineering lifecycle.
- Ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities and processes.
- Ability to develop a project plan and workflow based on a project management model.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.